Rural tourism is now one of the priority trends in Belarus, and the number of rural homesteads in our country is constantly increasing. In 2006, Belarus had a little over 30 rural homesteads, and now their number is close to 1500. It is planned that, by 2015, there will be about 3000 rural homesteads in Belarus!
Regional contest Best rural homestead-2011 was finalized in the Vitebsk region last week. This year, 32 rural homesteads were competing for the prize in five categories. The judges, including representatives of the Department for Culture, Sport and Tourism of the Vitebsk Regional Executive Committee, Belarusian Association “Country Escape” and Belagroprombank, visited all contestants in person and identified the winner.
Best rural homesteads of the Vitebsk region in 2011:
- Category “Retaining of Belarusian traditions”: rural ecohomesteads “Akaryna” and “Polsvyzh”
- Category “Healthy Way of Life”: rural homestead “Na opushke” (“In the outer woods”)
- Category “Hopitality”: rural homestead “Elochki Holiday”
- Category “Ecohomestead of the year”: rural homestead “Yodishki”
- Category “Style and harmony”: rural homestead “Mazurniy Bereg”